News & Info
We publish a digital newsletter, called "The Muse", featuring news about our exhibitions and other activities, on a regular basis. If you would like to receive it or sponsor it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 19th, 2013
- Patrick will be presenting eleven large format, diasec mounted, lambda prints as featured artist of the "Albemarle Collective", March 5th - 16th, 2013, at the Albemarle Gallery, 49 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4JR UK.
- The original (colour) version of "Bewitched" has been nominated by the distinguished jury of the 6th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2013.
- María and Patrick are preparing another exhibition at Espace 87 in the wonderful village of Giverny in Normandy, France. In a couple of months, from June 1st until 15th, "Fixing the Shadows ~ Harvesting the Light" will be inviting you to discover our vision on light, shadows, silhouettes, and nature - all just a few hundred meters away from the famous house and gardens of Claude Monet.
October 24th, 2012
We are very happy to announce that, once again, our photo "bewitched (reprise)", together with "fog in the city", has been selected by a professional jury to be on display at the bi-annual art event Kunstsalon Sant of the City of Bruges, Belgium. The exhibition will take place in the "Jan Garemijn" hall of the Belfry (Jan Garemijnzaal, Belfort, Markt, Brugge) between November 24th and December 4th, 2012.
June 9th, 2012
The distinguished jury of the 7th Annual Black And White Spider Awards (2012) awarded my photo "bewitched (reprise)" with an honourable mention in the Nudes category. This is one of the most prestigious contests for black & white photography in the world. Members of the jury included experts from Tate Gallery, Bonhams, The Art Newspaper, Fratelli Alinari, and National Geographic. The prize includes publication of "bewitched (reprise)" in The PHOTO PAPER Magazine (print edition) and international exposure in press and media.
March 14th, 2012
We are delighted to be able to participate in "The Nude", an exquisite Collective Exhibition at the famous Albemarle Gallery, 49 Albemarle Street, London UK, from March 30th until April 28th 2012. The catalogue can be downloaded for free.
December 19th, 2011
- The original (colour) version of "Bewitched" has received an honorable mention in the WPGA 2011 Interregional Contest, and will be exhibited at the "Centro Cultural Borges" in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from January 19th until February 27th 2012.
September 6th, 2011
Our "The Pre-Raphaelite Nude (part three)" has been awarded 2nd prize in the WPGA April 2011 Pollux Awards
(single images, professional photographers, fine art category).
May 11th, 2011
- Impressionism, Claude Monet, nature, painting, light, colours... From the 16th until the 31st of May 2011, our "le jardin d'eau" series will be exhibited in Espace 87, a fine art gallery in the wonderful village of Giverny, just a few hundred meters from where it was photographed last year: the world-famous water garden that was created, loved, and painted numerous times by Claude Monet. Don't miss this unique opportunity to see Monet's water garden through the eyes of Mused Renaissance and through your own eyes, all together in the same place, at the same time, in the same light. A number of these photographs has been selected by the international jury of the Worlwide Photography Gala Awards 2010 and will be on display at the famous “Palais de Glace” in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in January 2012. Our "le jardin d'eau" exhibition's details are: May 16 - 31, 2011, open every day from 9.30am until 8pm, at "Espace 87", 87 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny, France.
April 8th, 2011
- Our latest photobook "Mors Subterranea" features 30 stunning photographs of an underground necropolis that has been abandoned for decades. It is an absolutely compelling and totally breathtaking journey into the vaults of Death Itself. The series is dedicated with respect, love, and compassion, to all the people whose mortal remains are buried in this lonesome place and to those who love and protect them.
> 28 x 21,5 cm (11 x 8 1/2 in), 30 colour photographs, 30 pages, € 65.
March 23rd, 2011
Impressionism, Claude Monet, nature, painting, light, colours... From the 16th until the 31st of May 2011, our "le jardin d'eau" series will be exhibited in Espace 87, a fine art gallery in the wonderful village of Giverny, just a few hundred meters from where it was photographed last year: the world-famous water garden that was created, loved, and painted numerous times by Claude Monet. Don't miss this unique opportunity to see Monet's waterlilies through your own eyes and through the eyes of Mused Renaissance, all together in the same place, at the same time, in the same light, with the same colours.
"Circle of Fifths" received an honourable mention at the 2010 WPGA Annual Pollux Awards in the Fine Art - Single Image Category of the Professional Photographers Section.
March 10th, 2011
Our triptych "A Piece Of Infinity", which was previously displayed at the 2008 edition of the bi-annual fine art exhibition of the City of Bruges (Belgium), is currently on show in the KR-line Photo Art Gallery, Gentpoortstraat 37, Bruges (Belgium), together with a 90 x 60 cm inkjet print on di-bond of "Out On The Edge".
"La nuit" was selected by the jury of the 33rd International Photo Festival 2011 in Knokke-Heist (Belgium) and will be on display there from April 10th until June 13th, 2011.
One of our portfolios, containing photographs from our "Perfection" and "le jardin d'eau" series, has been nominated in the Professional Photographer category by the jury of the Worldwide Photography Gala Awards 2010 Competition (The Pollux Awards).
- The Hendrik Conscience Heritage Library of the City of Antwerp has purchased both our "metamorphosis" and "soul~searching" photo-books and entered them into their collection of fine art photography books. Please visit our Prints & Books page for information on how to order a copy.
November 29th, 2010
"soul~searching" finds many souls...
A record number of 450 visitors was reached at the end of the four-day exhibition of Mused Renaissance’s "soul~searching" series at the beautiful 19th-century “Westerbegraafplaats” cemetery of the city of Ghent. Lots of "searching souls" wrote down their impressions in the guest book. “One of the most touching and beautiful photo exhibitions I’ve ever seen.” ~ “Have no words for this.” ~ “Finally, for a brief moment in time, a deep feeling of serenity & peace in this stressful world.” ~ “An intense respect for what was once life and are now loving memories.”
WPGA Black & White Competition 2010 - Mused Renaissance's portfolio nominated
For the fifth time in the last two years Mused Renaissance has received an important nomination from a jury of an international photography contest. The Worldwide Photography Gala Awards Black & White Competition 2010 received 6630 images by 780 participants from all over the world. The nomination was given for our portfolio of 12 monochrome photos.